Considering the uncertainties and resurgence of COVID-19 in Europe, the organizing committee and IEEE Power Electronics Society (PELS) decide to convert COMPEL 2020 to be fully virtual, in order to assure the safety and well-being of all participants. Please check the News for more information.
The IEEE Power Electronics Society announces the Twenty-first IEEE Workshop on Control and Modeling for Power Electronics, IEEE COMPEL 2020. This workshop brings together researchers, engineers and students from academia and industry for an interactive discussion on the latest advances in modeling, simulation, analysis and control of power electronic devices, circuits and systems.
Accepted and presented papers will be published to IEEE Xplore.
Venue and dates
- Musikkens Hus (The House of Music), Musikkens Plads 1, 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
- November 9-12, 2020
Please note that the tutorials on November 9th will be held at the Department of Energy Technology, Pontoppidanstræde 111, room 1.177, 9220 Aalborg Ø, Denmark.
- The sponsorship application brochure and form are available in this link.
Watch the Promo Video (provided by Typhoon-HIL)
COMPEL 2020 places special emphasis on Control, Stability and Reliability of Power Electronics and Systems. Workshop themes include (but are not limited to):
- Modeling and Stability: modeling of devices and components in power converters and converter-based power systems including multi-physics modeling, small- / large-signal modeling, stability and power quality analysis.
- Control of Power Electronics: novel control methods, techniques, and practical implementation.
- Power Electronics Reliability: reliability assessment techniques and methods, reliability modeling, failure mechanism and analysis, design for reliability and robustness, condition monitoring, prognostics and diagnostics.
- Power Converter Topologies: Novel converter topologies, practical implementation challenges and solutions for conventional topologies.
- Passive and active components: innovative materials, design and analysis of semiconductor components, inductors, and capacitors considering uncertainties.
- Design, Optimization and Simulation Tools: design methodologies for power electronic converters, multi-objective optimization, hardware-in-the-loop (HIL), real-time simulation and rapid prototyping.
- Emerging Applications of Power Electronics: transportation electrification, energy harvesting, IoT, and robotics, etc.
- Education & Innovation: innovative teaching methodologies for power electronics.
Important dates and deadlines
|■||Digest submission deadline:|
|■||Notification of acceptance:|
|■||Early registration closes:|
|■||Final paper submission deadline:|