Updated paper submission deadline: October 1st, 2020
Final paper submission steps
1) Preparing your pdf file
You can use the IEEE templates (MS Word or LaTeX) to create your source document. These templates can be downloaded from the following website: http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
- Papers must strictly follow the format to be included in the workshop proceedings.
- The expected length of paper is between 6 to 8 pages. All papers are limited to maximum 8 pages in length.
- Do not add page numbers to your paper.
- Make sure you carefully proofread your source document.
2) Create your IEEE PDF eXpress Account
Once your pdf is ready, log in to the IEEE PDF eXpress site at: www.pdf-express.org.
First-time users should do the following:
- Select the New Users
- Enter the following: 49091X for the Conference ID, your email address, and a password.
- Continue to enter information as prompted. An online confirmation will be displayed and an email confirmation will be sent verifying your account setup.
Previous users of PDF eXpress or IEEE PDF eXpress Plus need to follow the above steps, but should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
Upload your file, convert it, and check the status of conversion. Once the conversion is complete, a report will be generated for the file conversion. Check whether conversion was successful, or some changes are needed.
3) Upload your paper to EasyChair
Please note that at least one author of an accepted paper must register at the IEEE full member, IEEE and PELS full member or non-IEEE member rate (NOT an IEEE student member rate). One full or non-member registration can cover one paper of which the person registered is an author or co-author. Please check Registration for more information.
- Before uploading your final paper, make sure the title in EasyChair matches your camera-ready paper exactly.
- Compare all author names in EasyChair with the author list in your paper. They must be identical and in the same order.
- Make sure you upload the camera-ready final paper generated by IEEE PDF eXpress.
- Log into the COMPEL 2020 EasyChair submission page at
and update the information and authors.
- To upload the final paper, click on “Update new version” in the upper right corner of your submission information page.
4) Submit the IEEE Electronic Copyright Form
In order to be published in the conference proceedings, all accepted papers MUST be accompanied by a signed IEEE Copyright Form. Don’t forget to click on the “Sign copyright form submission button” after uploading your paper. In case any paper cannot use the electronic Copyright Form (eCF) system due to specific policy of the employer, a filled copyright form should be sent to Publication Chairs directly and please do not trigger the eCF process.
Important notice: if you do not submit an electronic copyright your paper will not be published in the proceedings or on IEEE Xplore.